Ever since the COVID-19 pandemic started to run rampant in the beginning of 2020, it has taken its toll on the economy. Millions of people have been furloughed and/or laid off due to the coronavirus, leaving many searching for a new career path. In an article for Global Travel Media, Chris Buitron, president of mosquito control business Mosquito Authority, shares his thoughts on what the world of franchising can offer to those searching for new ways to make a living. According to Buitron, owning a franchise has become a more attractive option to those looking for new and exciting career opportunities.
While the coronavirus pandemic has left a huge amount of people uncertain of their next career move, Buitron believes many of them have the skills necessary to become successful franchise owners.
According to Buitron, “Those skills span the spectrum from leadership to business experience, discipline, technology knowledge, and communications.”
Becoming a franchise owner requires some money up-front, which is why it tends to be a more attractive option to those with money saved up or substantial severance packages. “Franchising is something out-of-work individuals with money to risk and a desire to run their own business want to consider,” says Buitron.
While owning your own business does allow for more freedom in a sense, that doesn’t mean it isn’t hard work. “It’s also important to note that “freedom” is a relative word when owning a franchise; in addition to long hours while getting the business established, remember that it was somebody else’s business idea, and you have to follow the script of operating the franchise,” Buitron cautions.
Deciding if franchising is right for you requires thorough research. Here are some of the benefits of owning a franchise to help you get a better understanding of this career path:
- Experience is optional: As a franchisee, The franchisor provides the training to help you gain the skills to operate the franchise.
- Minimal startup work: Franchising allows you to hit the ground running with your business because there is already a proven business plan in place.
- Risk reduction: There is less risk in starting a franchise as opposed to starting a business from scratch because of established brand loyalty.
- Additional support: Franchisees have the benefit of being a part of a franchise community as well as support from the franchisor.
- Help in negotiating operating costs: Franchisors often have established relationships with vendors, which minimizes the stress of having to negotiate certain costs.
As a mosquito control business, Mosquito Authority is considered essential. While continuing to operate successfully during the COVID-19 pandemic, Mosquito Authority has proven to be profitable for franchisees even in this economic state. If you feel franchising with our mosquito control business might be your next career move, contact us today to set up a call.
For more information on the benefits of franchising, read the full article in Global Travel Media here.