Thinking about investing in a house care franchise? Here’s why a home mosquito control franchise is the best residential franchise you can open this year.
Rise of Home Service Franchises
The Covid-19 pandemic made property and home services more essential than ever. In addition to typical homebound activities, people were required to work from home—a trend that will likely continue.
As the world reopens, entrepreneurs wonder whether the emphasis on home care services will endure. Statistics show that it will. A home service market report by Angi finds that 2022 is a transitional year and the Total Addressable Market (TAM) reached a new high of $675 billion after growing an additional $62 billion. The growth rate did slow from 18% to 10%, but analysts express that it is still a decent growth rate.
While rising interest rates may hurt the housing market, they will encourage people to make the most of their current homes.
In addition to the effects of rising interest rates, Franchise Direct highlights that more people are also looking to age in their homes, increasing the demand for property services. A national study by the
University of Michigan finds that 88% of Americans between the ages of 50 and 80 said it’s important for them to remain in their homes as they grow older. Seniors will turn to property service businesses to help with chores around the house.
Minimized Overhead Expenses
Many business owners have concerns about their operating expenses due to the unpredictable economy and rising rental costs. The benefit to on-the-go businesses is that since you’re mobile, there is no need to pay rent for a physical space. And, of course, that means no utilities as well.
On top of no brick-and-mortar store expenses, you have zero to no staff with a mobile-only franchise. Typically, you, as the owner, are operating and performing the services. Sometimes you might have a couple of employees. That means you don’t have the payroll costs or taxes that come with having a team.
Types of Home Service Franchises
There are many different business opportunities within property services. Here’s a look at some of the more popular sectors of home care franchises.
- Pest Control: Companies can help rid your property of annoying, unwanted insects. Brands like Mosquito Authority are growing in demand as they help homeowners regain their backyards from pesky bugs. The global pest control market is expected to reach $35.05 billion by 2030, growing at a compound annual growth rate of 5.2%.
- Cleaning: These services can range from carpet cleaning to complete home or office cleaning.
- Decorating: This sector could be either party decor or home decor.
- Landscaping: From lawn maintenance to building hardscapes like patios and firepits, any work that enhances curb appeal and improves outdoor spaces is typically considered landscaping.
- Renovation: This work doesn’t necessarily have to be performed but does increase homeowner enjoyment or financial value.
- Repair and Maintenance: These services include updating HVAC systems, upgrading plumbing or roofing, revamping original home features, etc.
- Restoration: This service is performed after catastrophic events like a fire, flood, natural disaster, or on a long-time neglected property.
The Buzz Behind Mosquito Control
Mosquito control companies are one-stop shops for homeowners to take back their property from harassing bugs. Most mosquito control companies handle tick and pest control too. Here are three reasons to invest with a franchise like Mosquito Authority.
- Recurring Customers: Services are typically performed on a routine basis to make sure mosquitoes and other pests are kept at bay. Because of this, the franchisee can earn recurring revenue from their customers. So, as long as you perform quality service for your customers, you can easily expand and grow. You can continuously add customers to your client list while continuing to serve your existing ones.
- Benefiting Public Health: Insect-borne illnesses are on the rise. Over the last 15 years, a study found that Lyme disease diagnoses have exploded in rural areas of America by 357%. Lyme disease is found primarily in ticks, but mosquitoes can transmit more than two dozen diseases, including West Nile, Zika Virus, and Malaria. With a growing population and an increased infection rate, local governments are encouraging people to use mosquito and pest mitigation services to protect their communities.
- Lower Entry Cost: Compared to other house care franchises, mosquito control brands are relatively cheaper to buy into. With Mosquito Authority , the initial franchise fee Is between $25,000 and $50,000. Other startup costs are kept lower, too, because you do not need to pay rent for an office or showroom like other franchises.
Build a Business with Mosquito Authority
Be your own boss and build a business by franchising with Mosquito Authority. We provide comprehensive resources like management software, marketing support, a science department stocked with industry experts and a field laboratory, plus a national call center. Ready to know what all the buzz is about in the mosquito control market? Begin your journey with Mosquito Authority by contacting us today.